Subsoil Investigation and Laboratory
Our subsoil investigation team is well-trained engineers and technicians who shall do subsoil investigation in the field and lab. This part is a non-profit service provided by us for our design projects. We don’t provide this service to other projects commercially. The soil test data must be reliable based on which we do design. So, we always request clients to take this service from us if they select us as designer.
The standard penetration test (SPT) is an in-situ dynamic penetration test designed to provide information on the geotechnical engineering properties of soil. ... The test provides samples for identification purposes and provides a measure of penetration resistance which can be used for geotechnical design purposes.
• Soil is classified into four types:
i. Sandy soil.
ii. Silt Soil.
iii. Clay Soil.
iv. Loamy Soil.
• The values given in parentheses (if provided) are not standard and may not be exact mathematical conversions. Use each system of units separately. Combining values from the two systems may result in nonconformance with the standard.
• Particle size distribution, also known as gradation, refers to the proportions by dry mass of a soil distributed over specified particle-size ranges.
• Uniaxial compressive strength (UCS) is one of the most important mechanical properties of rocks widely used in different engineering related projects to evaluate the stability of structures against loads. ... These models are easy to use but need calibrations by basic mechanical tests
• Specific gravity is a fundamental property of soils and other construction materials. This dimensionless unit is the ratio of material density to the density of water and is used to calculate soil density, void ratio, saturation, and other soil properties.